Wednesday, August 3, 2011

3 August - Seaford to Traralgon on Kawasaki

Picked up the new bike today. After 2 trains and a 1 km walk I eventually arrived at Powersports Kawasaki in Seaford where my new bike was almost ready to go - just some paperwork to complete and of course the small matter of payment. An hour later I was off - quite a strange feeling riding this style of bike after the relaxed experience of a cruiser. Anyway, I navigated my way to the South Gippsland Highway with the aim of having lunch at the bakery in Korumburra. Kawasaki recommends varying the speed and exercising the gears during the first 500km and so I decided to head home through the hills along the Korumburra-Warragul Road. I must say I agree with the reviews which praise the cornering ability of this machine. No matter how tight the corner, you just lean and accelerate and it all works out. Reached home at 15:30 with a sore bum. I don't think the seat is designed for long distance riding. Can't wait to try it out on our many unsealed roads.

Total Distance 185 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.