Thursday, January 3, 2013

3 Jan 2013 - Warburton and Olinda

The forecast today was for a hot fine day and it seemed like the right time for the first ride for 2013.
Took the back road to Warburton via Noojee, Powelltown and Yarra Junction and had lunch at my usual hangout - Three Sugars - excellent as always. Then a pleasant ride along the Warburton Highway and up to Olinda in the Dandenongs to visit Pie in the Sky and pick up some goodies for home. Made a silly mistake parking the bike on an excessively sloping surface, and had to get two sturdy lads to hold it in the upright position for  me so that I could get underway. Thanks guys! Home through Pakenham and along the Princes Highway.

Total Distance 340 km

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, you sure have a lot of great roads in your area for motorcycling on. I enjoyed reading your tassie trip, it brought back memories of my own tassie trip.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.