Monday, May 12, 2014

12 May - Paynesville


Brilliant day for riding today and decided to visit our friends John and Sandra in Paynesville. Paynesville is a resort town in East Gippsland. It has a population of around 3,000. It is located 290 km east of Melbourne and due to its location on the Gippsland lakes it is a major centre for recreational boating.

The Gippsland Lakes are a network of lakes, marshes and lagoons, fed by a number of rivers and connected to the ocean at Lakes Entrance. Collectively the Gippsland Lakes cover an area of 350 sq. km.

Today, a typical still, sunny autumn day resulted in beautiful calm waters and the view from John and Sandra's was fantastic. By mid afternoon, and after a very enjoyable lunch, it was time to go home. It was still mild and sunny so another enjoyable ride home.

Total Distance 280 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.