Thursday, October 29, 2015

29 October - Spring is here

Spring is here and there are more riding opportunities each week. Over the past few weeks I've ridden both bikes all over my local stomping grounds including Walhalla and down the coast. Flowers and blossoms are out everywhere and the bees are busy making honey and unwittingly pollinating all over the place.

Today, I rode the F650GS down to the little village of Loch near Korumburra which has one of my favourite cafes. After a very enjoyable lunch - a BLT and an excellent coffee,
it was time to move on. Just as I was leaving a couple of guys rode into town in one of the most unusual cars I've ever seen. It obviously started life as a Morgan two seater many decades ago but it has experienced a few serious upgrades since then.
Fortunately I had a camera with me and was able to take a few snaps. I posted the my best picture on Flickr - it's worth a look by clicking here. It looks like it would be almost as much fun as a motorcycle. The trip home was through Yarram (for supplies from the Bakery) and then home via Mt Tassie up the Tarra Valley road, where I stopped for a few more photos.
Arrived home around 4:30 after a wonderful day out.

Total Distance 320km.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos, lunch looks pretty tasty too.

    This weekend is the end of our Daylight Savings Time so we have to set out clocks back 1 hour when we go to bed Saturday night. Means it will be dark when we get off work, sigh.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.