Monday, December 7, 2015

4 December - Wilsons Prom

Rode to Wilsons Prom today. A fine still day and not too hot so I was able to wear my mesh jacket without the liner. Discovered an new cafe in Fish Creek called Nine Acres and had an early lunch there. Fantastic place, excellent coffee and great food. Then, on to the prom to take a few photos and the first was at Whiskey Bay.
A bit of a walk from the car park (especially in motorbike gear) but well worth it. Quite a few people enjoying themselves sun baking and frolicking the blue waters.
Felt like an ice-cream by then so on to Tidal River before starting the trip home. On the way back I wanted to take some photos on Squeaky Beach but the tide was out and the shots I wanted will have to wait for another day. Quite a serious beach cricket match going on though and sat and watched that for a while.
Returned home around 4:30 after a very enjoyable ride of 320 km on the Beemer.

It's that time of the year again and I thought I would include a picture of our Christmas tree as I wish everyone a great Christmas and a Happy 2016.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great ride out and what a beautiful day. I thought the bench picture was going to be my favorite but then I saw the Christmas tree, very pretty.

    A merry Christmas season to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a fine Christmas to you and your loved ones. I expect yours will be white.

      Delete
  2. Makes me home sick. For me in dk its a couple of short rides into the country side when the sun pops out over the last four weeks. Im eager to keep riding untill the Beemer flashes its ice warning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not long now mate. We're expecting a long, dry and hot summer.

      Delete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.