Saturday, January 23, 2016

23 January - Beemer Time

Bit cool and overcast today but OK for a ride and the Beemer hadn't been out for a while so I took off for Mirboo Nth for lunch at the InLine 4 cafe in Mirboo North today. Glad I did. Parked outside was a beautifully restored 350cc Ariel motorcycle.
Chatted with the owner for a while. He has owned it for over 25 years and restored it himself. He was also wearing a period helmet with brass goggles. He really looked the part.
Not sure how good it would be to ride, no suspension other than a sprung seat, and drum brakes, but it certainly looks like a classic motorcycle from years gone by.
After feasting my eyes on this beautiful machine and a tasty lunch I carried on to Meeniyan. One of my favourite stops there is the Chess Cafe owned by Gunner an elderly Norwegian gentleman who is alway good for a great coffee and a chat. Toward the end of last year I visited frequently only to find the place locked up and I became quite worried about Gunner's health. Today he was open and it was great to catch up. He had indeed been sick with pneumonia but has fortunately made a full recovery.

Total Distance 150km


2 comments:

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.