Sunday, August 20, 2017

20 August - Spring is in the Air

After a few days of rain and some more cold nights, this morning actually looked pleasant enough to go for a ride. As I was deciding between going for a ride and cleaning the garage, the phone rang.
It was my son-in-law Zane wanting to know if I'd like to join him on a ride - that decision was made in a micro second! Zane has recently acquired a new adventure bike, a Kawasaki KLR 650.
Our plan was to follow one of my favourite rides - the South Gippsland Highway via Yarram, Port Albert and Mirboo North. We rode off under a brilliant blue sky and with the aid of a set of brand new thermals, and the grip heaters blasting away you could actually convince yourself it was a nice day. Our first stop was in Port Albert for Zane to deal with his 'fish and chips' fix and a chance for me to take a few photos.
From then on it was actually getting quite spring-like as we cruised along the South Gippsland Highway. Then it was time to head back into the hills for a coffee at the In Line 4 cafe in Mirboo North. By the time we finished the coffees the temperature had started to drop again and it was time to head for home. A great day out.

Total Distance 230 km.

5 comments:

  1. The sunshine makes it look warm out but I bet it was still chilly if you had your grips and thermals on.

    A pretty day for pictures though.

    How is Zane enjoying the KLR? They are hugely popular here for an all around bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loves the KLR because he likes to do some off road riding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks fro sharing these excellent photos with us. It looks like such a peaceful road trip you had there. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend and keep up the posts.
    Greg Prosmushkin

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.