Friday, December 3, 2010

2 December 2010 - Mirboo Nth

Despite the dire weather predictions at noon today it was both warm and sunny. Decided on a quick ride to Mirboo Nth and back using the scenic road through Thorpdale and Trafalgar. All that went well and it was still sunny sitting outdoors at the Bullock Dray Cafe in Mirboo North. Headed towards Thorpdale to the strains of Pink Floyd in the Earmoulds - it doesn't get much better than this. The weatherman was to have his revenge though. By the time I reached Thorpdale the sky in all directions had turned black and flashes of lightning appeared in the distance. Stopped the bike and donned the wet weather gear, just in time! Within minutes the rain started hammering down and the lightning seemed to come from all directions. I could hear the thunderclaps over the sounds of Dave Gilmour wrenching the intro to Shine On You Crazy Diamond from his Stratocaster. Now this might seem like hell on wheels but it was actually an enjoyable experience although somewhat surreal. Riding through total chaos inside the bubble provided by the gear and the helmet to my own soundtrack was a weird but exciting experience. Coaxing the bike down the winding descent into Trafalgar with sheets of water running over the road required some concentration though and I was glad to return to the straight roads from Traf to Traralgon. Quite a ride!

Total distance 135km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.