Friday, December 30, 2011

30 December - Olinda, Dandenongs

                                                          (Photo Panoramia.com)


Zane (KLX250) and I (Honda) decided to take advantage of a promised warm and sunny day to finish 2011 with an all day ride to the Dandenongs. First stop was for coffee and muffins at Coco's in Yarragon. The next stop was Pakenham for fuel before we headed into the hills via Cockatoo, Emerald and then through Sassafras to Olinda. On the road between Sassafras and Olinda there are a lot of interesting buildings including this beautiful old guest house Rostrevor. Thought I would use this photo which shows the place after snow in 2008. Had lunch at the Olinda Cafe before heading towards Monbulk, Silvan and then to Yarra Junction and Powelltown. One more fuel stop in Yarragon and then home into quite a strong headwind. Altoghether a great ride and a memorable day - a fine finish to another riding year.

Total Distance 332 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.