Friday, December 9, 2011

9 December - Warburton and Yarra Ranges


Left Traralgon at 10:00 this morning on the KLX. I had arranged to meet my friend Marcus in Warburton for lunch and a catchup. The weather was glorious, blue sky, no wind and around the 30 degC.
Arrived in Warburton right on noon and had a very relaxed lunch of toasted sandwiches and coffee. After lunch I followed Marcus up the Reefton Spur road to visit the Upper Yarra reservoir, around a 50km round trip. Riding on a weekday is great because most people are at work, or school and there's hardly anyone around. After the ride to the reservoir it was time to top up the tank at the Shell station in Warburton which seems to be the only one around for quite a distance. After leaving Marcus to return to Melbourne my return trip was back through Yarra Junction, Powelltown. Noojee and Willow Grove. Arrived home at 4:30 after a great day on the bike.

Total Distance 315 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.