Saturday, March 31, 2012

31 March - Southbank and home via the Dandenongs

Caught the 07:19 train down to Melbourne this morning to pick up my new purchase. By about 10:15 all the paperwork was completed and I had finished a quick rundown of the features of the BMW (enough to ride it home anyway) and I was on my way to show it off to Marcus who lives about 5 minutes away. By the time I reached Port Melbourne the weather was looking discouraging - strong winds and ominous clouds, and so I left quickly to try and beat the weather home. However by the time I got on to the Monash Freeway things started to look up and so I decided to take the Ferntree Gully Road and head toward the Dandenongs. By then I was starting to feel quite at home on the Beemer and the prospect of trying it out on the mountain roads was quite appealing.

Quickly passed through Sassafras, Olinda, Montrose and Lilydale and in almost no time I was in Warburton for lunch at Three Sugars. Riding through the hills provided quite a lot of protection from the winds and this continued on the ride home via Yarra Junction, Powelltown, Noojee etc. Got home at around 4pm feeling quite at home now on this bike. Very impressed with this machine. It takes everything in its stride and the 800cc engine provides great power under all conditions - what a blast.
So, now the next task is to get RWC's for the Honda and the Kawasaki and sell them. The BMW handles both long range touring and off road adventures superbly and so the other bikes will have to go. I've enjoyed them both immensely and I hope they provide as much pleasure to the next owner(s).

Total Distance 230 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.