Monday, August 9, 2010

9 August - South Gippsland Tour


Rode the bike to work this morning, I think the temperature must have been close to zero. By mid morning though it was sunny and warming up. Took the rest of the day off - I'll make it up on a rainy day - and headed out to Warragul, Korrumburra and then Inverloch. The ride over the Strzelecki's was incredible, crisp air and bright light and the Honda just purring away. Headed towards Meeniyan from Inverloch hoping to get a coffee there, but it seems the good folk of Meeniyan don't drink coffee on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, so I pushed on to Foster for fuel and decided Yarram was close enough to defer coffee. Passed through Toora on the Sth Gippsland highway which is the site of a windfarm. With plenty of time available headed the bike up a steep track to the windfarm viewing area. This turned out to be a great choice. The view of the wind turbines, the surrounding countryside and Wilsons Prom in the background is breathtaking. The Bakery Cafe in Yarram is always a welcome stop and today was no exception. The cafe latte and apricot crumble was well worth the wait. The initial plan was to return to Traralgon via the highway bit with this brilliant weather the route through Tarra Valley and Mt Tassie was irresistible. An unforgettable ride!

Total Distance 310km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.