Wednesday, August 19, 2015

19 August - Forest Glen - Sunshine Coast - Queensland


After a great visit with family we left Gympie yesterday to move down to the Sunshine Coast. When we tried booking into all our usual caravan parks we found they were all full, probably with Victorian refugees fleeing the cold weather. We finally found a site in the Forest Glen Big4 which is quite close to Maroochydore. We are here for 4 nights. It was great catching up and it was also wonderful to meet the newest addition to the family - Tilly. She's an incredibly affectionate and calm dog who continually had us in stitches while we were there.
Today it is Wednesday which means one thing around here - a visit to the Eumundie Market which opens on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
We have visited this market many times over the years and we always enjoy the live music, the coffee and food and the incredible range of quality items for sale. The highlight for me is always a visit to the German Sausage Hut for a  bockwurst with sauerkraut.
The market always features a range of musicians providing live music of a very high quality and today was no exception. I particularly enjoyed this old guy playing live guitar music with his dog sitting on top of the guitar.
I also spend some time listening to a fantastic girl singer accompanying herself on the guitar
as well as a young man performing some excellent blues music.
By noon our bellies were full, our feet were sore and it was time to go. The good weather here continues and we'll decide what to do day by day.

1 comment:

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.