Sunday, August 9, 2015

9 August - Bundaberg, Qld

We are spending a couple of days in Bundaberg, home of the famous Bundaberg Rum Distillery. Our original plan was to go to Hervey Bay, but we found out that with the glorious weather all the caravan sites were booked out over the weekend.
Another beautiful Queensland day today in Bundaberg. Drove into town this morning and had breakfast at a nice little cafe in the city. Bacon and eggs on Turkish bread and finally some decent coffee. After attending to a few maintenance tasks around the campsite, we decided to explore some of the beach side villages around Bundaberg and found some wonderful spots such as Elliott Heads.
Lots of people around everywhere including locals as well as refugees from Victoria.
It is such a pleasure to be able to walk and enjoy the sunshine and the views and to watch other folks just enjoying it too.
This great weather is bringing out all the motorcyclists as well and it reminded me how much I'm missing my bikes. Tomorrow morning we are off to Hervey Bay for three days and then we reach Gympie.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Richard - beautiful photos. A lovely place to spend a few days.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.