Friday, April 16, 2010

16 April 10 - Inverloch and Cowes



Windy, gloomy days during the past week have restricted rides to short practice runs and have demonstrated the need to upgrade some of my gear to winter quality. When today promised to be a warm, sunny day I set off this morning to Bikers Gear in Cowes to buy winter gloves and leather riding pants.
Headed off this morning at 10:30 via Boolarra, Mirboo North and Leongatha. A quick lunch in Inverloch and then a nice run along the coastal road via Cape Patterson, Wonthaggi and San Remo. As I crossed the sea at the San Remo bridge the weather was absolutely perfect and the sea absolutely flat. Bought the items I needed at Bikers Gear Australia at unbelievable prices and now I think I'm pretty well set up for winter riding when we return from our cruise. Travelled through Archies Creek, Kongwak and Korrumburra on the return trip through some of the most beautiful countryside in Victoria. Motorcycling is always a joy but sometimes it delivers a day never to be forgotten - today was one of those.

Distance covered 330 km.

3 comments:

  1. Did you get the jeans or sports pants? the gloves with a rain cover look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Francine, I got the sports pants with the armor in the knees and hips. I bought the gloves with the rain cover. They feel very comfortable and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was me. Somehow francines profile got attached Marcus

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.