Sunday, April 4, 2010

3 Apr 10 - Mirboo Nth, Meeniyan, Yarram, Tarra Valley


Great ride today with Marcus on his Ducati. Once again the weather looked threatening but we ignored it and somehow managed to dodge the rain all day. First stop was Mirboo Nth (via Boolarra) and coffees. From there on to Meeniyan hoping to share a pizza in the outstanding pizza cafe there but it was closed. Bugger. We then hit the South Gippsland Highway with the bakery cafe in Yarram as our target. Traffic was reasonable for an Easter weekend. Yarram whas absolutely chockers with holiday makers and the bakery was operating on a 'take a number' basis. In all the confusion we managed to get served quickly (steak and mushroom pie for Marcus and vegetable pastie for me) and had an enjoyable lunch. Then for the final leg over the Strzeleckis via Tarra Valley. Stopped on the banks of the Tarra River for the cigar ritual and then headed for home via Balook and Mt Tassie. Once again, a great day.

Distance covered 215km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.