Monday, April 19, 2010

19 Apr 10 - Work, Trafalgar, Mirboo Nth, Churchill


Another still, mild day so I decided to ride the bike to work. Only a few things to catch up on and so finished about 2 and thought I'd take the long way home. Rode to Trafalgar, Thorpdale and  Mirboo North. Then headed along the Grand Ridge Road to Boolarra Sth and then to Hazelwood Power Station via Yinnar. The Grand Ridge Rd between Mirboo Nth and Boolarra South features some of the most beautiful country scenery I've ever seen and in the late afternoon soft light it looked absolutely fantastic.
From Hazelwood Power Station I detoured back to Churchill to have a look at the first house we lived in after we were married. Here it is at 41 White Parade. We moved in there early in 1967 and lived there until we moved to Bougainville in September 1971. Don't know who lives there now but I wonder what they thought of my parking the bike there and taking a photo. The flood of memories - our first few years together, our neighbours, the birth of Mark and Nicole, decorating and furnishing the house - were all quite overwhelming and it is almost impossible to comprehend that it happened forty years ago.

Distance covered 150 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.