Friday, May 24, 2013

24 May - Drouin West and all over

Forecast was fine today (after early fog) so a ride on the Honda. While surfing the web last night I came across (via eBay) a company called Zen Motorcycle Gear. A couple of things caught my eye. First was the range of quality products at great prices and second - it is located in Gippsland. While it is primarily an online business a quick email confirmed that there is a physical warehouse in Drouin West which I could check out. Under a cloudless sky I travelled west down some back roads and quickly realised it was much colder than it looked. After noticing I had started shivering I quickly cut across to Yarragon for a coffee at Coco's Cafe. Thawed out there for 20 minutes or so and then travelled the rest of the trip along the M1 turning off at Drouin near the Robin Hood Motel. After crisscrossing through some small country roads for a while I finally arrived at:


The business is run by Marx (who is also a motorcycle instructor for DECCA) and his wife Chris.
Chris was waiting for me at the top of a very long drive and showed me into the motorcycle gear storage area.

The Zen range of leather and Cordura motorcycle wear is very high quality and exceptionally well priced. Even though I didn't really need it I couldn't resist a very high quality leather Brando style cruiser jacket. If you are in the market for clothing and other bits and pieces I can thoroughly recommend a visit either directly (http://www.zenmotorcyclegear.com.au) or via eBay.

By the time I left Zen, it had fortunately warmed up a bit and the return trip via Neerim, Noojee etc. was very pleasant.

Total Distance 225 km

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.