Thursday, May 9, 2013

9 May - South Gippsland

The BOM forecasted a great day today - sunny and 24ÂșC. I was keen to try the new seat on the BMW for an outing so by 10:00 I was headed for Mirboo Nth for my first coffee at the Bullock Dray. The next stop was Kelly's Cafe Bakery in Korumburra. I was able to sit in the warm sun and enjoy lunch.
From here a rambling route to Inverloch and Meenyian, and then home through the green Gippsland hills via Mirboo Nth, Boolarra and Yinnar.

The new seat makes the world of difference. The extra contact with the ground has taken all the worry out of stopping and manoeuvring the bike. No more 'oh shit' moments on sloping or uneven surfaces. Strangely, although there is less padding in the seat I think it is more comfortable than the standard seat. Removing some of the foam has created a sculpted, wider area you can move to, once up to speed. So a great day. Got home, checked the oil, and lubricated the chain and she's now ready for the next trip.

Total Distance 230 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.