Friday, May 31, 2013

31 May - Cowes, Philip Island


Woke up to the first decent day for a while and no sign of rain on the radar either. Rode the Honda to Philip Island via Mirboo Nth, Leongatha, Korumburra and Wonthaggi. No traffic on these picturesque country roads which made for a very relaxed trip. Great weather for a cruiser. Had lunch at Gullivers and then stopped in at the Philip Island Chocolate Factory hoping to take home a few goodies but I found the prices absolutely astounding. I really enjoy peanut clusters but a little bag containing about eight pieces was $15.95. I've never been shy about paying when I see value for money but that seemed ridiculous, so I contented myself with a couple of photos instead.



Started the trip home taking the wonderful coastal road between Cape Patterson and Inverloch before refuelling in Inverloch. The fuel consumption of the Honda continues to amaze me - about 4l/100km. The ride home was very pleasant too with no sign of rain or wind. Altogether an unforgettable day out on the bike.

Total Distance 344 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.