Friday, March 26, 2010

26 Mar 10 - Noojee Trestle Bridge


Today it's exactly 1 month since I got my L's and the bike. As it was a beautiful morning I took a ride to Noojee, via Willow Grove and Hill End and Neerim South (lunch and coffee).


Apart from riding through spectacular countryside and forests of mountain ash, a special highlight was a visit to the Noojee trestle bridge.


                                    


This in the only survivor of a series of 7 bridges which formed part of a rail line used to transport timber from Noojee to Warragul. The bridge has been recently refurbished. Altogether a very interesting ride.

Total distance travelled 205 km

2 comments:

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.