Thursday, April 22, 2010

22 Apr 10 Moe, Trafalgar, Thorpdale, Yinnar, Jeeralang W Rd

Another fine day and rode through Yallourn Nth to Moe to visit brother Luke who's hurt his leg and has to rest it. After a cuppa and a chat with Luke rode to Trafalgar for a quick coffee and sandwich at the Roseberry Cafe. Then proceeded along that lovely winding road from Traf to Thorpdale intending originally to head towards Mirboo Nth, but at Driffield the storm clouds were gathering and decided to turn left instead and head towards Morwell. Still fine by the time I reached the Midland Highway so continued on to Yinnar and the up Jumbuk Rd to Jeeralang Junction. Getting a bit dark and blowy by then but headed up the Jeeralang West Rd and rode to the end of the bitumen. Hadn't realised that everything up there has been burnt out in the 2009 bushfires. Starting to spit when I turned around and by the time I reached the bottom of the hill and turned toward Churchill it started to pour. On the back road between Churchill and Traralgon it turned into a full blown storm including hail which is quite something when you're doing 100kmh. Got home soaking wet. Given the weather forecast this will be the last ride before we go on holiday.

You can follow our holiday progress on http://www.theoandrosa.blogspot.com

Total distance 135 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.