Monday, November 15, 2010

13 October 2010 - New Toy


For some time now I've been checking the availability, performance and cost of action video cameras suitable for use on motorbike rides. Eventually decided on the Drift Innovations HD170. This little beauty shoots video and stills at full HD (1080), is waterproof to 0.5m and comes with a range of mounting options to suit all occasions. I ordered it on eBay and it arrived two days later. Took it out for a ride attached to the helmet - after fiddling around with the aligment for a while - and came back and anxiously played back about 40 minutes of video. I was truly amazed at the quality of the resultant video. Being mounted on the helmet made it feel like you are actually back on the bike. I was even more amazed when I realised I had left it on the lower quality (720) setting. Very pleased with the purchase. Some great video available on Youtube taken with this camera in a variety of settings including paragliding, skydiving, skiing and of course motorcycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.