Sunday, July 8, 2012

8 July - Warburton

Met Zane at the BP service station in Mid Valley this morning. Even at 10 am the fog was so thick, I nearly ran into the back of a car - visibility less than 5m. Quite cold too, by the time we reached Warragul the fog had lifted but the temperature was down to 2.5 deg. Rode to Warburton via Powelltown and Yarra Junction and had a great lunch at our usual cafe - Three Sugars. Got a table right next to a blazing wood heater. Decided to try a different route on the way home which was to turn off in Launching Place towards Gembrook and from there to Pakenham and home along the highway. By this afternoon the temperature was a 'balmy' 13 deg. Got home around 3 pm.

Total Distance 295km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.