Friday, February 15, 2013

12-13 February - Port Melbourne


Left Traralgon on Tuesday morning to ride to Marcus' place in Port Melbourne. We had both received invitations from Southbank BMW to attend a presentation by Lois Pryce, an English motorcyclist who has completed some amazing adventure motorcycle trips. After a day of catching up we almost forgot what time it was but at 6:45 we hopped on our bikes, me on the Beemer and Marcus on his trusty Vespa for the short ride into Southbank. Lois' story is amazing. In 2003, at the age of 29 she left her office job in London and travelled with her new motorcycle to Alaska with the aim of riding all the way down the North and South American continents, by herself and with very little riding or travelling experience. In the end, after 8 months she succeeded in riding from Alaska to the very tip of Argentina. As soon as she returned from this trip she planned the next on which involved crossing Africa from North to South including crossing the Sahara dessert. Check out Lois' adventures on http://www.loisontheloose.com

We finished the night with a Bluray, pizza and a few beers.
Rode back home on Wednesday and although it was fine it was pretty windy so instead of a more ambitious ride I returned via the Sth Gippsland Highway and got home around 2pm.

Total Distance 376 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.