Sunday, May 27, 2012

27 May - Ulysses Club Ride to Inverloch


After the appalling weather of the last few days I was not hopeful for the monthly Ulysses club ride today but despite a heavy overcast sky, the radar showed no rain. We left the Ice Creamery at 10:00 this morning and rode to Mirboo Nth via Boollara and Boolarra South. An interesting mix of bikes including a couple of Gold Wings. Morning coffee at a nice little cafe in the main street of Mirboo Nth before heading off to Leongatha along a road I had never used before - interesting. The area surrounding Leongatha was showing signs of extensive flooding and thankfully none of our roads were affected. Carried on straight through Leongatha to Inverloch which was the planned break for lunch. After a very pleasant lunch break the sky had darkened a lot when we emerged and many riders, including myself opted to don the wet weather gear for the return trip. This worked like magic - never saw a drop all the way home. Not a great day but still a terrific ride.

Total Distance 255 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.