Tuesday, June 17, 2014

17 June - One Down, One to Go!

As you know, one of my three bikes, the Honda Shadow VT400 has been sold after serving as my learner bike and all round great ride. It has been replaced by its big brother a Honda VT750. Since acquiring the VT750 a couple of months ago, I have found it to be my bike of choice and my BMW F650 GS barely gets enough of a run to keep the battery charged. Not that there is anything wrong with this wonderful machine. I've put 30,000 enjoyable kilometres on it including a trip to Queensland. You can follow the blogs from this trip here:


The reasons for choosing the Honda over the Beemer are totally related to my advanced age. I hit my 70th birthday a few days ago and lately I have found that the warm embrace of a comfortable cruiser adds more to my riding pleasure than the spritely and high tech blandishments of the BMW.

So, once again with somewhat mixed feelings I am offering the BMW for sale. The bike is a 2010 model F650GS (800 cc twin) and has just completed the 30,000 km service where it received a clean bill of health. It has all the BMW features such as ABS brakes, center stand, heated grips, real time tire pressure monitoring, gear position indicator, self cancelling indicators and trip computer. After purchase I made a few changes, including a lowered seat, taller windscreen and engine bash plate. The bike is set up for distance touring with a full set of BMW hard luggage (including inner bags) and a BMW tank bag.

Like all my bikes, it has been garaged when not being used and has a full dealer service record. When I bought the bike at Southbank BMW, it had a warranty and roadside assist until 2015 included in the the deal. I think (although can't guarantee) that these are transferrable to any purchaser.


Once again, this bike has been a total thrill to own and has performed faultlessly since I bought it.
I'm asking $12,000 and will include a Road Worthy Certificate.

I am contactable on 0407 341819 or by the email address at the top of this page.

4 comments:

  1. Sad another bike has to go. Happy Birthday by the way. 21 for 49th time. I'd think that the beemer would be a bit on the tall side for you now. The 800GS we had in NZ was to tall for me, so no my cup of tea so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY (SHOUTING)

    I am only 2 short years behind you but I hope to stop working soon. I also have one bike too many. I think I will keep my Beemer and sell my Vstrom. My Vstrom is top heavy and hard to push around. My BMW R1200R is low to the ground and is nearly 100 lbs lighter. I want to have a lighter bike

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it Theo. And Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.