Sunday, October 12, 2014

12 October - Mt Donna Buang, Yarra Ranges

The weather bureau promised 28ÂșC today and it had been some time since the Beemer had a good run. The day started off cool but it was very pleasant riding through Shady Creek, Neerim Junction, Powelltown and Yarra Junction. The Warburton Bakery beckoned for an early lunch and then it was up Mt Donna Buang. The road to the summit (1250m above sea level) is sealed but quite winding.
The summit is covered in trees which restricts the views completely which means you have to climb the lookout tower to get a panoramic perspective. Unfortunately it was quite hazy and not really worthwhile taking a photo of the scenery.
The return trip was via Warburton once more and then home via Powelltown, Noojee, Willow Grove etc. By the afternoon it had become quite warm. The Beemer performed flawlessly.

Total Distance 350km

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you got out for a ride, me on the other hand was going to go for a ride and ended up working all day. :(

    Would like to see a piccy from the tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the views are really nice from up there when not hazy.

    Is it a fire lookout tower? Or for another purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the tower was constructed to provide panoramic views above the treetops. On a clear day apparently you can see the city of Melbourne. On this day it was quite hazy.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.