|Sunshine Coast Rides|
- All the Honda Shadows performed flawlessly. One bike with an after market air filter got a bit waterlogged in the very wet weather but this was easily resolved
- Riding in a group is fun in terms of companionship and the sense of 'sharing' the adventure but on the other hand riding solo gives greater freedom and a greater sense of achievement
- Rode through the worst weather possible and all the wet weather gear and luggage worked well.
- Heavy rain AND dwindling daylight is a scary combination. Need to upgrade the headlight brightness on my bike.
- It is important to stop and change clothing if temperature drops. During the ride from Sydney to Goulburn the temperature dropped at least 10ºC. In trying to get to Goulburn before dusk I didn't stop to add a layer of clothing which was a mistake
- Felt no discomfort from the Shadow's stock standard seat even on the longest leg which was more than 700km.
- Almost got the 'pack list' right - one or two items too many