Monday, April 30, 2012

29 April - Ulysses Club Ride to Dargo

Hadn't done a Ulysses ride for a while. The weather forecast looked good and the destination was Dargo so off we went at 09:30 this morning. There were about 10 bikes with a number carrying pillion passengers. Morning coffee at Stratford and then into the high country. The temperature briefly dropped to 10 degC in the mountains but the fine weather held out. Lunch at Dargo was enjoyed by all and a real bonus was a bag of freshly harvested walnuts from the general store. The return trip was a bit longer with a diversion through Lindenow Sth and Meerlieu and then back through Stratford where most of the bikes needed a fuel stop and from here the final hop to Traralgon for a recap of the days events. The Beemer performed faultlessly and I was pleasantly surprised that I still had plenty of fuel left after this long ride, a lot of it through mountain country. On a flat road the fuel range of the bike is well in excess of 400 km.

Total Distance 366 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.