Saturday, January 4, 2014

3 January - First ride for 2014


Well over a week since my last ride and with the Christmas arrangements out of the way an outing on the bike was overdue. Last June I reported on the sad demise of the Bullock Dray Cafe in Mirboo North. Losing a great cafe or restaurant that not only serves great food and coffee but also has friendly staff who welcome you back each time, is a sad business and I certainly missed the old Bullock Dray. Mirboo North is en route for many of my rides and riding past the empty premises for the past six months has been a reminder of the loss. However, I heard recently that a new cafe has been established on the site and so the plan for today was to check it out.

Well it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. First of all, the colour scheme is almost a perfect match for the colour of my BMW - imagine that. Oh, and the coffee is great. Didn't eat there as I had only just finished a big breakfast but next time... glad to see someone else having a go.

The return ride home was via Thorpdale, Trafalgar, Willow Grove, Yallourn Nth and Tyers. Not a huge ride but a nice way to set the scene for 2014.

Total Distance 150 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.